Friday, April 18, 2014

Anonymous Donor: Tuition Edition

I am rendered speechless, yet again: by the generosity of others and by God's mercy and provision.  Allow me to explain:

The last time I was in school was the fall of 2012.  My idiocy the semester before led to losing my scholarship at UofL, which had completely covered my tuition.  So, pregnant and clueless I began those fall classes not knowing how or when I was going to pay the five thousand-ish dollars.

Somehow, the school let me go the whole semester without paying a nickel.  Then the bills started arriving, reminding me of my debt to UofL.  I worked out a payment plan of the minimum $175 per month, which has been a financial concern and a burden.  Not only has it been a decent chunk out of the bank account, but at that rate, it would take years before I could pay it off and re-enroll.

I was able to use a gift left to me by my Grandfather to pay off a fraction of the debt, and since then I have been struggling to pay the monthly fee.  The debt has rendered me unable to continue and finish my education, no matter how much I want to.

Two days ago I got this text from my Grandaddy:



You know what they say: "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is....or it's a gift from God."  I looked at my account; and there it was.  I called the company and they confirmed that indeed, the thousands of dollars of debt had been paid. Tears of sheer joy, relief, and gratitude followed.  

I don't know who you are, but I truly cannot thank you enough for this.  You have not only lifted an incredible weight from my shoulders (and heart), but you have also given me the gift of opportunity to complete my degree, and the motivation to do so.  I don't know of a clearer way God could tell me to rise to the challenge and finish my schooling.

So, anonymous donor, thank you.  You have paid a debt that was not yours.  Know that I will work so, so hard.  Know that I will give it my very best because I will not let your generosity go to waste.  Just...thank you.  
~
 In remembrance of Good Friday:
And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit.
Matthew  27:50


No comments:

Post a Comment