Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Little Momma, First Post

I feel as though my title might be a little misleading.  I'm not a "little person" in the technical sense but I am very slight, not really tall, just overall petite.  My momma- my role model, best mom, and best friend- calls me her "little momma" and this blog is mostly for her enjoyment as she reads from across the world. 

I'm trying to make it as a young mother of the sweetest baby boy you will ever meet (in my biased opinion), John Dashall Kelley.  He was born premature at 36 weeks on February 17th, 2013-making his graduating year 2031; that year was not previously on my radar before I had him, let me tell you!



Thankfully, my mom got to come back from the country of Jordan to experience part of my pregnancy, my delivery from water-breaking to baby, and the first two and a half months of my son's life.



It's been the most wonderful journey thus far, even with sleepless nights; it's also been an interesting and at times very hard journey with my Crohn's health issues acting up but needing to be "on" for my son.  And of course struggles with faith in hard times.  The hardest part of it all.

While this first blog was more of a preface than a post, I'll have more content soon.  I'll end with a passage that struck me a couple months ago:

Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. For I recognize my rebellion; it haunts me day and night. Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.  Oh give me back my joy again; you have broken me--now let me rejoice.
Psalm 52:2-3,7-8


  

No comments:

Post a Comment